Watching the planes

I'm new to blogging. So far my mum and my husband have read my blog so I thought I would have a go at increasing my readership by taking part in this month's Living Linky on Getting Active Outdoors with tots100. As usual I have left it right until the end of the month to write this, partly because life with three boys is pretty busy but mainly because I am a little nervous about putting myself out there. 

Our new favourite hangout we have discovered this month is Blackbushe Airport. The first time
we went we stuck with watching the planes from the cafe but this time we decided to explore the edge of the airport and watch from there. The boys are not always very keen on the idea of going for a walk but the lure of the planes, T's balance bike and the possibility of some geocaches were enough to work up some enthusiasm. We did find a couple of geocaches, T thought about pooing in the woods before changing his mind, then we sat down for a snack at the end of the runway and watched the planes take off overhead. For a random Wednesday morning in the middle of May there is a fair amount of activity at the airport! We saw a few planes taking off and got to watch a helicopter hopping its way along to its parking space.



Generally speaking the boys enjoy being out and about, once you've managed to coax them out of the house, and I am definitely a lot happier when we are not housebound. The hidden rocks craze  has helped entice them out round the village in recent months and T is now much better at spotting rocks than anyone else in the family. Geocaching is another good way to make a walk seem more appealing. In theory it is a free activity (I will save my rant about the changes to the app for iPhones which requires a premium (read expensive) membership for the more challenging caches). It's always good to check beforehand if the cache has been found recently otherwise the boys can get a little disappointed!

Otherwise they love a play park. I like the park as I don't need to provide much motivation or ideas for games to play and A is quite happy to sit in the baby swing for hours on end. We are lucky here as the village has a good selection of play parks including one known in our house as the 'fast roundabout' park which, as the name would suggest, seems to have avoided any recent health and safety legislation. I am hoping in the future the boys will come round to the idea of a walk without a set of swings and a slide at the end so we can explore more of the local area. I have this idyllic vision of wandering through the woods next summer with the two older boys running off to explore and A pottering along next to me - probably wildly optimistic but I live in hope!



Comments

Instagram