Parks and poo, again!

I'm pleased to say that this week has involved significantly less poo than last week and long may it continue. T wasn't very well last week - over the previous weekend we had some pretty challenging trips to the toilet and he fell asleep on the sofa on Sunday morning for a couple of hours, unheard of for him. So nursery on Tuesday was out but I thought we were going to be alright for Thursday - oh, how wrong I was.

We picked W up from school on Wednesday as usual then headed for the park - we've been making the most of the autumn sunshine before it gets too cold and dark to do things after school. For once I had managed to persuade them to walk a different way home - it is slightly longer but the normal school run gets pretty monotonous so I like the change. We got out the back of the park and T announced he needed a poo. Bother, I had been carrying the portapotty under the buggy since the weekend but must have taken it out when I put the buggy back in the car. Never mind, we'll gloss over the fact that we're on a longer route home and just walk a bit quicker.

That wasn't going to work - about 30 seconds later he informs me that it's too late and the poo starts dripping out the bottom of his trouser leg. I had nothing with me - no potty, no changing bag, not even a muslin out of which to fashion a clean pair of pants. I made a half-hearted effort to wipe the poo off his shoe on the grass and carry on walking but there was no way he was going to be walking himself home. So A comes out the buggy and T takes his place. Luckily I had put on the cosy toes that week as the morning school runs are chilly now - at least that could be thrown into the washing machine as soon as we got home. So T sits in a pile of poo while we walk home as quickly as possible, with a lot of stopping to swap A from arm to arm - he is getting heavy these days and wasn't willing to balance on top of the buggy handle.

Once we got back I stood T outside the front door and shut the other two inside - A was very keen to help! I cleaned him up enough to get him inside and up to the shower, very glad that we now have a front door that isn't overlooked by passing traffic. His shoes got hosed off in the garden - luckily he was wearing his crocs - and then it was early bath and pyjamas all round. I am still carrying the potty round in the bottom of the buggy - it got a bit more use last week but hasn't been out of the bag for a few days now. Fingers crossed, other than a couple of more challenging nappies from A, the rest of us have escaped whatever bugs he's carrying!

Comments

Instagram