Superhero!


W had superhero dress up day at school last week, and I think we surpassed ourselves with our homemade efforts! The cape was a Christmas present a couple of years ago, W made his mask and I discovered the benefits of some felt and a glue gun for the top and belt. We had to do a quick last minute fix on the cape so it fastened around his shoulders rather than irritating the eczema on his neck. I think he was the only one in the class not wearing a shop-bought costume but he seemed quite happy with that. He said there was the odd comment about how his belt looked like a pair of pants but he looked a lot cooler than a lot of the kids coming out of school at the end of a surprisingly hot day!

When he was little he really wasn't into fancy dress - he would definitely not be found running around a play cafe or soft play wearing a cowboy outfit or a fairy dress. They have got more into dressing up at home in the last year or two but we are still in the realms of handmade costumes for things like World Book Day, rather than a full on shop-bought costume. I have to admit I am quite happy with this - I am not massively keen on parting with my money for some hideous polyester outfit from the supermarket and I have the time at home to enjoy the challenge of making costumes. That being said, when T starts school in September I am more than happy for him to go to World Book Day in the Gruffalo costume we have as he will look great!

Comments

Instagram